Leak Detection and Repair
Pools can leak for any number of reasons including:
- Soil movement around pools in DFW can be as much as 10 inches or more, causing underground pipes to break.
- Tree roots can crack underground pipes.
- Plaster can erode and crack.
If you are filling your pool more than once every 7-10 days you most likely have a leak. Normal evaporation is about ¼ - ⅛ inch per day. Many pool owners are filling their pools every few days! If this is you, then you have a problem.
4 Top Problems Caused By a Leaking Pool:
- It can cost anywhere from $50-500 per month in added water cost, not to mention the waste of precious water from our lakes.
- Loss of chemicals from the pool makes the water chemistry balance harder and costlier to control.
- Leaking water can cause voids in soil areas that are needed to support the pool. This can cause pool settling, an off level pool and cracks in the pool.
- The 4th and biggest problem - It causes you STRESS!
Getting the leak found and repaired is essential. DON’T IGNORE the problem. It will cause more problems and greater expense if not tackled quickly.
Do I Really Have a Leak?
To know if you really do have a leak do a “bucket test”. To do this, get a bucket and put a rock inside so it won’t float away. Then put it on a step in the pool. Fill the bucket with water to the same level as the pool water. Record the water level with a mark on the bucket. Then watch for the next few days to see if the pool water level goes does faster than the water in the bucket. If it does, then you have a leak. Also if you have a backwash valve make sure you are not losing water out the backwash line. This may be the cause of your water loss.
Leaks can be very difficult to find. Without proper training and state of the art equipment it can be like searching for a needle in the haystack. Due to our in-depth knowledge of pools and the leak detection process, I can say with confidence that if you have a leak, we can find it! In fact, I’m so confident that I am willing give you the following guarantee:
Our 2 Part Guarantee:
- If you have a pool leak, we’ll find it, or you pay nothing!
- If you get any other leaks in your pool within 90 days of our leak detection, we’ll come back and find them for FREE.
So don’t put up with your pool leak. Things will only get worse if it’s not dealt with.
Call 214 453 3400 NOW to schedule your leak detection